Japanese Prayer Wall

Japanese Prayer Wall

Friday, October 29, 2010

One Month Anniversary

Recently I celebrated the one month anniversary of my arrival in Japan.  At times it still feels like I’m dreaming because during my last 3 ½ years in the U.S. I had so many dreams about being in Japan.  I decided that I’m probably not dreaming though since I usually don’t dream about boring things like spending massive amounts of time on trains. 

In total, I’ve lived in Japan for 2 years and 7 months now.  At times I still recognize the similarities and differences between Japan and the U.S.   Other times everything just seems like routine and normal since Japan has been my home for so long.  So, this is where I need your help.  If you want more blog posts, then I need ideas on what you’d like to know about Japan and Japanese culture.  What would you like to see in pictures?  What kind of things would be interesting to you?  Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. you share so many good ideas! Here's what I'd like to know:

    1. what food do you eat? How do you deal with cravings for food you can't get there?

    2. Do you watch any TV? What is it like there? Is it really just a bunch of crazy game shows?

    3. What are the stores like? How are grocery stores the same/similar? (got pictures?) How are malls similar/different? What are some things about the stores that you just get used to?

    4. What do the kids there think of kids here? What are their impressions of US kids?

    5. Do they have Facebook?

    6. What are the fads kids there have? Are they into Hello Kitty stuff?

    7. What are the little things that you love about Japan that you'd sort of forgotten about since you were last there?

    I'll think of more things....

    ReplyDelete